Some of the questions for the US Citizenship test
Some of the questions for the US Citizenship test- Preguntas para pasar el examin de ciudadania de EU
62. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson
63. When was the Declaration of Independence adopted?
Answer: July 4, 1776
64. There were 13 original states. Name three.
Answers: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia,North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
13. Name one branch or part of the government.
Answers: Congress, Legislative, President, executive, the courts and judicial
7. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
5. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
Answer: the Bill of rights
4. What is an amendment?
Answer: a change or addition to the constitution
3. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
Answer: We the People
57. When must all men register for the Selective Service?
Answer: at age 18 / between eighteen and twenty six
71. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
Answer: the Louisiana Territory (Louisiana)
91. Name one U.S. territory.
Answer: Puerto Rico / U.S. Virgin Islands / American Samoa / Northern Mariana Islands / Guam
39. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
32. Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?
Answer: the President
31. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
Answer: the Speaker of the House
22. We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?
21. The House of Representatives has how many voting members?
19. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
17. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?
Answer: the Senate and House (of Representatives)
18. How many U.S. Senators are there?
80. Who was President during the Great Depression and World War II?
Answer: Franklin Roosevelt
79. Who was President during World War I?
Answer: Woodrow Wilson
77. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
Answer: fought for women's rights and fought for civil rights
24. Who does a U.S. Senator represent?
Answer: all the people of the state
53. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
Answers: give up loyalty to other countries, defend the Constitution and laws of the United States, obey the laws of the United States, serve in the U.S. military (if needed), Serve (do important work for) the nation (if needed), be loyal to the United States.
59. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
Hint: The answer is not the Laminites or Nephites
Answer: American Indians, Native Americans