So your installing a new security system beware?
Before going with any security company go through a simple checklist:
1. Check the Better Business Bureau for how many complaints, the type of complaints and reviews. www.bbb.org Two of the large competitors have over 3000 complaints that have been filed.
2. If the security system is internet based know that if the power goes out so will your security system. Sure the system is less expensive but ask yourself why is it less money?
3. If you only have a phone line connected and the phone line is cut no signals will be sent. (Install AES Radio or Cellular) Having both phone and cell is fine but phone only or internet only is not as secure.
4. Ask yourself if you would buy Chinese food from your plumber. If not then buy security from a security company not a cable company. We specialize in security, we don't do other things outside of that scope. Look online and find out what type of service others have gotten from that company. When you buy cable TV or Dish often it is very easy to buy but how good is the customer service after you have purchased? Are they a local company?
5. Is their central station UL listed and 5 Diamond Certified? Why should you care? It makes a difference. If you are dealing with a local company they know the area and they are easier to deal with.
6. Does the alarm company you are going with have a Guard/Patrol service inhouse? If you are in SLC know that Police do not respond to normal alarms.
A. Peak Alarm has only had one complaint in the last 3 years. B. Peak Can install an AES Radio or Cellular communicator with battery backup in case the power goes out. C. Peak is a local company that has been in business for over 48 years D. Peak Alarm has a full service Guard/Patrol, UL listed central Station that is 5 Diamond certified E. Peak Alarm is a local with all employees having been through an extensive FBI background check.